Blooming Pumpkin Fall Floral Arrangement
You Will Need:1 pumpkin, 8-inch diameter
1 small plastic container (washed 16 oz. sour cream container or similar)
12 Hardy Fern tips, 5-7 inches long, reserve remainder for fill
5 pencil cattails, 7-12 inches
15 Bronze Pompon Chrysanthemums, 10-12 inches
9 Yellow Pompon Chrysanthemums, 6-8 inches long
5 Yellow Asters, 6-8 inches long
5 Rudbeckia Tiger Eye
3 Hemerocallis Daylily
- Slice off pumpkin top to create a 6-inch diameter hole. Scoop out insides of pumpkin.
- Cut flower stems to prescribed lengths.
- Cut rectangular block of floral foam to fit snuggly inside container and extend 1/2 inch above pumpkin rim; secure to container with floral tape and place inside pumpkin.
- Insert fern tips into foam, spacing evenly around pumpkin rim. Insert short pieces of fern into top of foam block, covering completely.
- Insert cattails into top of foam block. One 12-inch stem should protrude from the center with other stems placed around it at varying heights and angles with tips angled slightly away from center.
- Insert one 12-inch bronze pompon at center top, space 3 evenly around rim and fill.
- Insert one 8-inch yellow pompon at center top, space 4 evenly around rim and fill.
- Insert asters, tiger eye and day lilies to filling gaps.
- Fill container with water.
- Place blooming pumpkin on a small plate or water-proof placemat to protect furniture and enjoy!