Gardening regularly throughout the summer to maintain your plants and flowers can take a toll on your body! Don't let the gardening time you enjoy become a chore. Here are easy and quick ways to enjoy your garden while keeping your body healthy and active all summer long:
- For first-timers, try beginning small. If your garden is too large and too much work/time, you may get discouraged and lose interested.
- Purchase gardening tools that are comfortable to use with soft handles that are easy on your hands and fingers.
- Loosen your body before gardening. Stretch your limbs and back for a brief minute prior to your gardening session.
- Use proper posture when gardening. Remember to bend your knees and take regular breaks.
- Stay hydrated and drink water every 20-30 minutes.
- Use a wheel-barrel or cart to move heavy dirt, mulch or fertilizer to protect your back.